Project #1
Sense of Place 1/26
Before filming I had several ideas, one being to have an empty chair and tape a full minute of silence with two shoulders in screen on either side of the seat. The audience would expect the subject to come sit down but by denying them this you would be denying their sense of place and in turn by not sitting in the place you were designated you are denying my sense of place.
This then developed into have the empty chair in frame again but have me sitting everywhere except the chair and in odd places in odd positions so show me denying my sense of place that is assumed by those viewing and those around me, I was doing this because I am unsure of my sense of place therefore refuse to designate one.
I tried the free writing exercise but struggled with it so i decided to focus on definitions and focus on the oddity of the meaning of these words when grouped together in comparison to their definitions individually.
There was a lot of frustrations on memorization rather than using paper to cue off of, I tend to stutter and trip over words when I have to memorize them so I think to remedy that I will go off of cue cards and have someone hold them up behind the camera to keep focal point.
No comments:
Post a Comment